- Team competition with two players in each team. The player with the higher ELO rating (per May 1st, 2019) in rapid chess is placed on board 1 and the one with the lower ELO on board 2.
- 11 rounds FIDE-swiss.
- Time control: 15 minutes + 10 seconds / move.
- The FIDE rapid chess rules applies.
- The games are not registered for ELO.
- Tiebreaking rules applies (no prizes are shared).
If multiple teams end up on the same number of match points, the following tiebreaking rules apply:
- Sonneborn-Berger points, excluding the opponent with the lowest number of match points
- Game points
- The sum of all opponents match points, excluding the opponent with the lowest number of match points